Most homeowners don’t think about the components of a refrigerator until it breaks down, or before it is time to buy a new one. In order to get the most out of this important appliance it can be extremely good to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food cool—and PTX Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to find out what you will want to know about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and if it is the right time to hire refrigerator repair Pasadena.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find too many homes that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard household appliance for several years now. A household refrigerator stores your food at the right temperature, to stop spoiling and slow down harmful bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by distributing the heat from the interior of the unit to the outside, using the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The standard parts of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call PTX Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it is responsible for the circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the cooling system.
A compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. You should hire a professional service if the compressor isn’t working.
A condenser is attached on the back outside wall of the refrigerator and helps to release the heat built-up from within the refrigerator then out into the surrounding air.
The refrigerator evaporator is installed in the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs heat contained inside of it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
Right when an evaporator isn’t working, it is time to find a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquid refrigerant is directed within a capillary tube which works as an expansion device as it cools the gas inside, turning it back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat helps regulate the current temperature throughout a refrigerator, beginning a new cooling period as appropriate.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in Pasadena for repair right when an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature inside the refrigerator goes above the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to begin, and the cooling period begins. The unit attracts the cool liquid refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes it, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The compressor unit guides the warm gas towards the condenser coils on the exterior of the appliance, at which point it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the home and reverts to a liquified state.
3. The cooled liquid then continues on its trip to the refrigerator evaporator, finding its way through the many coils on the inside of the appliance and top freezer.
4. The liquid then absorbs the heated air from within the appliance, cooling the temperature until it has reached the optimal set point.
5. The liquid will evaporate, and will turn back to a gas state, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor so it can continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is used in a number of applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting warmth from a single place and then relocating it to somewhere else the continuous cycle of refrigeration helps cooling a home, provides a safe storage space for perishable food, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of several different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need professional attention? You can schedule service with PTX Appliance Repair.
PTX Appliance Repair can service almost all popular brands of refrigerators – includes commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our repairman in Pasadena complete training to troubleshoot and repair problems with cooling, broken ice makers, issues with condensation, water puddles and leaks, light bulbs, touch controls, smart synchronization and other malfunctions. We know all about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2021  PTX Pasadena Appliance Repair